- past of create
Creation may refer to:
In religion and philosophy:
- Creation myth, stories of how the world or a culture began.
(theology), the belief that one or more deities brought the
universe into existence.
- Creatio ex nihilo (English: Creation from nothing), the belief that a deity created the universe from nothing at all, rather than some pre-existing matter or energy.
- Creation according to Genesis, the creation account in the book of Genesis for Judaism and Christianity.
- Creationism, an ideology generally associated with not just God creating the universe, but also certain specific events afterward including the creation of animals and mankind.
- Creation Festival, an annual Christian music festival held in Mount Union, Pennsylvania and George, Washington
creation, the appearance of elementary particles, in physical
processes such as pair production; the process opposite of annihilation.
- Creation operator, an operator that increases the number of particles in a given state by one; an abstract representation of matter creation.
- Invention, the act of creating a new process or device
In the arts:
- The Creation of Adam, a fresco from circa 1511 on the Sistine Chapel ceiling painted by Michelangelo Buonarroti
- The Creation, a 1798 oratorio by Joseph Haydn
- Creation (1931 film), a 1931 film that inspired King Kong.
- The Creation (band), a British band known for their one hit "Painter Man" in 1967
- Creation (novel), a 1981 novel by Gore Vidal
- Kreator, a German thrash metal band founded 1982
- Creation Records, a record label created in 1983 by Alan McGee, also known for their spin-off Rev-ola Records
- Creation (band), a teen musical group, first album 2005
- Creation (album), a 2005 album from Leslie Satcher
- Creation magazine, a magazine promoting creation science published by Creation Ministries International–Australia (formerly Answers in Genesis–Australia).
- Creation Books, a British publishing company.
- Creation Entertainment, an American company that runs numerous science fiction and fantasy conventions.
- The Creation: An Appeal To Save Life on Earth (book), a 2006 book in advocacy of conservation, by biologist Edward O. Wilson.
created in German: Creator
created in Spanish: Creación
created in French: Création
created in Korean: 창조
created in Italian: Creazione
created in Japanese: クリエイター
created in Norwegian: Skapelse
created in Romanian: Creaţie (dezambiguizare)
created in Simple English: Creation